This 4-pager discusses the link between Social-Ecological Resilience (SER) and the sustainable development paradigm and describes what the added value of the SER-approach is in international cooperation offering strategic guidance at organisational or project level. To put SER into practice, we consider 5 key questions:
- Scope (resilience of what?)
- Objective (resilience to what end?)
- Target audience (resilience for whom?)
- Disturbances (resilience to what?)
- Approach (resilience through what?)
To hypothetical examples describe how the SER approach could look like.